Universal Environmental Services is hiring an Operations Manager for the Knoxville, TN Division. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with extensive experience managing DOT CDL drivers’ plant operations and a background in hazardous waste, waste oil handling/processing, and industrial vacuum services.
Salary is based on experience – UES offers a very comprehensive compensation package.
Reporting Relationship – Direct Reports to Vice President of Operations; Indirect – Corporate Staff
- Associate degree or five years of comprehensive experience in operations and management
- Five years experience in either hazardous waste oil or waste oil handling/processing
- Leads and directs overall facility operations.
- Business Development – Develop and sustain relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Plant Operations – Oversee all collection, sales, and service operations
- Industrial Vacuum Services – Oversee vacuum truck services, sales, and project operations.
- Increase volumes and sales in territory areas as determined by our growth strategy.
- Monitor the vehicle maintenance program; maintain all required DOT documentation; review driver logs and related DOT documentation.
- Support vacuum truck services, schedule services, and maintain the equipment.
- Supervise daily driver activities for the Region, including but not limited to new customer setup, scheduling call-in services, analyzing routes, optimizing efficiency using routing system and other resources available, worker productivity, and administering bi-weekly payroll.
- Monitor the collection and shipping of used oil to customers, the segregation of used antifreeze for recycling, and the segregation of oily water for other materials.
- Provide periodic training, including DOT regulations, Used Oil Regulations, and OSHA Regulations. Conduct safety meetings working closely with UES safety resources.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a working knowledge of all applicable laws – Federal and State on collection/transportation of used oil
- Able to work under pressure
- Good planning and organizational skills – personally motivated and self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability.
- Above-average computer skills and ability to learn and effectively use new software systems.
- Ability to travel to other locations; overnight stays will be required.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Physical activity includes bending, reaching, stretching, climbing in/out of tractors and on top of trailers
- All types of weather conditions, such as rain, cold, and heat.
- Plant personnel, drivers, administrative staff, and outside vendors
Apply by clicking the link below:
or send resumes to: